CARY – Epic Games says it plans to call its majority owner, founder and CEO Tim Sweeney to the stand Thursday in the ongoing antitrust suit against global tech giant Google.
So far in the trial – now nearly two weeks old – Sweeney has been quiet about unfolding events on his “X” (formerly Twitter) account. “Epic v Google antitrust trial begins Monday morning. See y’all on the other side!” he wrote on Nov. 5.
Ahead of the showdown in federal court, Sweeney said Google was trying to “kneecap” competition with its game store restrictions which Epic is fighting.
He follows Google CEO Sundar Pichai who faced what The Associated Press described as “confrontational questioning” from Epic’s attorneys on Tuesday.
For detailed, daily coverage of the trial, check out this site at The Verge.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai vs. Epic Games: Confrontational questioning in trial
Epic Games alleges ‘bribe and block’ strategy in antitrust suit against Google
Epic CEO says Google wants to ‘kneecap’ competition as antitrust trial begins
The post Epic CEO Tim Sweeney to take stand in antirust fight with Google first appeared on WRAL TechWire.
Epic CEO Tim Sweeney to take stand in antirust fight with Google first appeared on Web and IT News.
Fusion centers across the U.S. have turned their gaze on citizens who speak out against…
Two years ago companies threw six-figure offers at anyone who could coax coherent output from…
The Japanese yen has given back nearly half its recent gains. Traders now watch the…
ChatGPT once commanded three-quarters of AI chatbot web visits. That figure now sits near half.…
Researchers have turned to AI agents to modernize one of the most stubborn challenges in…
Humans count on dogs to track missing persons through dense woods. Bees locate distant blooms…
This website uses cookies.